If you want to add funds to your SwissBorg account instantly, top up with your debit or credit card - it’s fast, secure and easy!
A few things to keep in mind before making a card top up:
The card needs to be in your own name;
Prepaid and business cards are not accepted;
Make sure the currency of your card is the same as the currency you’re depositing, to reduce additional fees from your card provider;
Funds deposited with card have a cool-down period of up to 30 days during the first 30 days that you are with SwissBorg, and after that non-Premium accounts are subject to a cool-down period of 10 days. There is no cool-down period for Premium users (after the first 30 days). During the cool-down period the funds can be used as you wish (i.e. exchange, lock-up for Premium, add to Earn strategy etc.) within the SwissBorg app, however, they cannot be withdrawn until the cool-down period has ended. This includes withdrawals to your personal bank account and to external wallets, as well as Smart Send transfers. Although this might cause some inconvenience for you, we assure you this measure is in place to keep SwissBorg and our community safe and secure.
- The minimum card fee for Community, Pioneer, Generation and Genesis Premium is €3.00 (or the equivalent in your preferred currency), while for Standard and Explorer, the minimum card fee is €5.00. The fee % depends on your Premium account tier. A full overview can be found at the bottom of this page: https://swissborg.com/legal/swissborg-app-fees
To top up with your debit or credit card, simply follow these steps:
1. In the Portfolio tab in the app, tap on “Deposit”.
2. If you already have a card added to your account, simply select it or tap “Change Card” to select a different card. If you don’t have any card added yet, tap on “Card Deposit” to get started.
3. Fill in the card details or take a picture to copy the details into the app, make sure they are correct and then tap “Add Card”.
4. Select the currency and amount for your top-up, make sure you have selected the correct card (the details of your card provider will show underneath the top up amount) and tap “Next”.
5. Confirm your transaction details and move the slider to choose whether you want to exclude the fees from the original amount or not, then tap “Confirm”.
6. You will be redirected to the security verification of your card provider (3DS or similar) to complete the transaction. If this step is not completed within 15 minutes from starting the top up, the transaction will fail.
If your top-up was successfully processed, you’ll receive an in-app notification confirming this, and the funds will be immediately available in your fiat wallet.
If your card or top up was declined, please check the error message to understand the issue. We have collected the most common error messages and their explanations here: Card top-up: Error messages list
If your top up was declined, please allow 7-10 business days for the bank to release the transaction and the funds to be available again in your account.
Although most card top ups are processed instantly, some transactions may be subject to additional checks, which in turn may increase the processing time.
More information about issues with card top ups can be found here:
If your top up is pending for more than 24hrs, or if your funds were not returned to you account or released within 10 business days after a declined top up attempt, please contact our SwissBorg Support Team for further assistance.