The safety and security of our community members and their funds is one of the key values here at SwissBorg. The Account Freeze is one of many security procedures we have in place to protect your account and funds by temporarily applying restrictions to your account after:
- you recover your account (either via Manual Recovery or with the Recovery Phrase);
- you change your phone number;
- you change your email address.
After performing any of the above-mentioned actions, for a period of 48 hours you will not be able to:
- Withdraw funds (both in fiat and crypto);
- Add bank accounts for withdrawals;
- Change your phone number;
- Change your email address;
- Activate your Recovery Phrase;
- Revoke your Recovery Phrase (if you had generated one already).
The purpose of this feature is to help fighting against fraudsters and scammers. You will always receive an email confirming the changes made to your account and if it wasn’t you making the changes, you have this period of 48 hours to contact our Support team by simply clicking on "This wasn't me" in the email you've received. This will create a high priority ticket, which assures you will be assisted fast and your account and funds will be protected.